Monday, September 04, 2017

Thanks for joining us at DreamHaven!


Conrad Zero took some great footage of my reading at DreamHaven Books for the 10th anniversary of my first full-length book of poetry, On The Other Side Of The Eye on August 30th, 2017. We had a good showing and I appreciate everyone who took the time out of their busy schedules to see me for my first reading since coming back to the Twin Cities, outside of the Science Fiction convention scene. 

I also appreciate Yuk Ki Lau coming out, because he was the one who designed the distinctive cover for On The Other Side Of The Eye. I also saw Mali Kouanchao, the award-winning Lao American artist and entrepreneur behind Cool Jerk, and Mike Davis of Burlesque North America who've been long-standing supporters of my work. We all had a chance to also celebrate the end of Lao-American Artist Heritage Month in Minnesota. Special thanks to Terry Faust, Kev Minh Allen, and Peuo Tatyana Tuy for their help documenting this event, as well as Tessa Johnstone Carlson for all of her help making this a great evening. I deeply appreciate the support DreamHaven gave us to hold this reading on short notice!

I'm looking forward to more readings with all of you in the very near future, so stay tuned for more details!


No comments: