Thursday, March 16, 2017

#Blessed comes to Philadelphia May 6, 2017!


I'll see you in Philly during Asian Pacific American Heritage Month with Catzie Vilayphonh and Laos In The House as they continue their innovative pop-up program combining refugee stories, the culinary and literary arts in the City of Brotherly Love. I'm so proud of her continuing journey to share Lao culture with the world.

This time around I'll be discussing the meaning of refugee and immigrant journeys four decades later for Southeast Asians in today's political climate and how we respond to that as artists, as human beings. And maybe who puts the Phi in Philly, but that comes much later in the evening. ;) It's been 7 years since I last visited Pennsylvania, so I look forward to seeing how much has changed. And of course, eating a genuine cheesesteak again. :)

No comments: